Color Hotel Skagen gets internationel eco-label in 2019 and become part of the Green Key family, which is an independent eco-labelling system for establishments within the tourism industry. Green transformation and increased focus on sustainability in the hotel industry makes a difference for the environment and not least for the industry's guests, who are increasingly demanding hotels and conference facilities that dare to take the lead when it comes to environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions.
Color Hotel Skagen is a significant service company in Skagen, and we want to take the lead and take responsibility by protecting the unique nature that Skagen. As a responsible company, we want to protect the environment and nature in connection with the place's activities and inspire others to do the same. We want to focus on sustainability with inspiration from the UN's world goals.
Our focus on the environment and sustainability continuously results in concrete initiatives, activities and improvements. We have allready:
- Switched to LED bulbs in the lobby and hallways to save energy
- Increased our focus on food waste when purchasing and cooking
- Use of eco-labeled cleaning products
- Focus on the use of eco-labeled paper and brochure material
- Activities and transport in the form of bicycle rental for guests
- 100% non-smoking restaurant
- 100% non-smoking rooms and apartments
- 6% organic foods
- Focus on optimizing waste sorting
- Replaced carpets in hallways and hotel rooms in the main building with sustainable, recyclable carpets made from recycled materials